Are we the right music school for you?
If you are looking for the convenience of piano, keyboard, guitar or voice lessons in your home provided by friendly, reliable and well trained kid- friendly instructors who have been carefully screened to ensure your peace of mind…
Then you have found the right place.
Playtime Arts Academy of Greater Baltimore was established in 1997 (as Playtime Piano Instruction) by music teachers Scott & Harlene McGowan and unanimously granted membership in both Maryland State Music Teachers Association & MTNA Music Teachers National Association in 1997.
At that point they began hiring and training additional instructors to help them serve the students on their combined growing waiting list.
While you are here researching the best school for you, please consider the benefits of becoming an Academy student and find out why we are the Baltimore Metro area’s number one choice for music lessons.
- Piano, Keyboard, Voice and Guitar lessons provided in the comfort of your own home.
- The widest range of music lesson times available seven days a week!
- We are the only music school in Greater Baltimore that offers music lessons seven days a week from early in the morning to late at night to accommodate your busy schedule.
9:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m. Monday – Friday
Saturday & Sunday hours by request
- A proven track record of excellence since 1997.Visit our testimonial page to see what our students are saying. Every year, aspiring music teachers start their own studio, and a year or two later it’s closed. The Academy has a proven track record of offering quality music, guitar, voice, singing, and piano lessons in the Greater Baltimore area year round. Our full time mission is teaching music lessons trusted by well over 2,000 students since 1997.
- Free music recitals in a venue used by the BSO for smaller chamber concertsEvery parent just wants to know how their child is doing and if they are really progressing. The best way for a parent to understand if their investment in lessons is really worth it, is to have their child participate in a recital.
In the Spring of each year, many of our students choose to perform in our annual recitals. We hold these at the prestigious Towson Unitarian Universalist, as they have a grand Yamaha piano, kept in perfect tune and world class acoustics.
For our students these recitals are free and unlike many schools in Baltimore we do not charge recital participation or admission fees.
- Early morning and lunch time lessons for homeschoolers, retirees, college students and working professionals.We are able to be a ‘full service’ music school. This allows us to offer lessons as early as 9 a.m. and we see many students between the hours of 11 a.m.-2 p.m. If you are a homeschool parent, retiree, college student or working professional who has a flexible schedule, take advantage of our early morning and lunch time lesson spots.
- Located in Owings Mills – due to our central location, our teachers provide lessons in homes throughout Baltimore and Howard counties with students in Ellicott City, Columbia, Catonsville, Randallstown, Owings Mills, Reisterstown, Pikesville, Towson, Lutherville, Timonium, Hunt Valley, Sparks, Monkton, Parkton and more…
- Month to Month lessons.While our teachers greatly inspire the interest and success of their students, we realize that parents are looking to enroll their children on a wait and see basis…and even when those students who take lessons for years will stop at some unknown point in the future.
For these reasons, our Academy does not require semester minimums for lessons. Every student here is on a month-to-month basis.
If you are ready to start, you have nothing to lose as we only want students who truly want to be here and we will not commit you to a long term contract.
It’s easy to take the next step:
Lessons are first come, first serve
so contact us today to arrange your first lesson!
Offering quality guitar, voice, singing and piano lessons throughout
Greater Baltimore and vicinity
Offering quality music lessons in:
Guitar • Piano • Keyboard • Voice
$35.00 per 30 minute private lesson held once a week
With family discounts for additional students
in the same home